Sunday, November 18, 2007

My new favourite band(s)

My new favourite band(s)

MarsheauxGod help me, I've discovered I have a liking for female-fronted electro-futurist music acts. Who knew? I am not certain if it's the music, the style, the attitude, or simply because of the very, very short skirts.


Marsheaux

Two girls from Greece who sound like they have grown up on a diet of 80s electro-pop and cheesy European disco. Their two albums - Ebay Queen and Peek-a-Boo can be made more interesting by ignoring the comedy lyrics and spotting the riffs they might have borrowed from everybody from the Pet Shop Boys to A Flock of Seagulls

I prefer the one with the big nose, for reasons that escape me.

* Pure - Lightning Seeds cover

* Dream of a Disco - Audio only, A thinly disguised rip-off from A Flock of Seagulls' 'Space Age Love Song'. Which is good.


Client

The girl from Frazier Chorus and the girl from Dubstar dress up in tight leather dresses and scare people by doing it much, much better than that Alison Goldfrapp. Can't decide between their stage names - Client A, Client B and that awful part-timer, Client H.

However, I am rather taken by their latest long-player Heartland, and not just because the cover artwork in rather heavy in the bottom department.

* Lights go Out - very, very strange video that makes my head hurt

* Zerox Machine - Adam and the Antz cover (and while you're at it, why not have a go on the original)


Ladytron

Even scarier and stranger than Client, not to mention louder. Did I mention scarier?

The Duck recommends: Witching Hour

* Destroy everything you touch - I ask you: What the bloody hell was that all about?

* Seventeen

Call me a sad, eighties-obsessed old perve if you like. You'd be right.

No comments: