|Goldfinger: Good, solid socialist Bond|
This is what I said on the subject last week and I stand by those words:
"As soon as Tony Blair showed up in 1997, Britpop went down the shitter to be replaced by Steps and the Spice Girls, all the proof you need."
That's as maybe, but I have another proposition for you, and it is this:
You only get decent James Bond films under a Labour government.
Let's get this flimsy argument off the ground by looking at the evidence:
- Goldfinger (Labour) - GOOD
- You Only Live Twice (Labour) - A CLASSIC
- Diamonds Are Forever (Conservative) - TURKEY
- The Spy Who Loved Me (Labour) - BACK ON FORM
- For Your Eyes Only (Conservative) - AAARGH
- Octopussy (Conservative) - AAARGH
- A View To A Kill (Conservative) - MAKE IT STOP
- Die Another Day (Labour) - CRAP
- Casino Royal (Labour) - BACK ON FORM
- Skyfall (Conservative/Lib Dem coalition) - UTTER DOG'S DINNER
|Octopussy: Crowds were drawn in by the promise of Roger Moore's freakishly long legs|
Secondly, you will note that the only Bond film made under the present Conservative - Lib Dem coalition is a complete dog's dinner of a film. This is what you can come to expect from coalition politics. Shit Bond.
|Skyfall: The paradox of a great Bond in a duff movie. That's coalition politics for you|
But this poses one question for every single registered voter in this country. Do you want decent music, or do you want decent Bond films? This is clearly going to be the most important General Election of our generation.