Wednesday, June 12, 2002

Random Musings: Stupid things to do after working a twelve hour night shift: No.1 - Sit up all day watching World Cup football. I, like the rest of England, sat through ninety minutes of wretched boredom as they thrashed Nigeria 0-0 to get through to the second stage. It's the end result that matters I s'pose, so it can't be all that bad. And things could be worse - I could be French. Or Argentinian. Arf.

As a matter of fact, there was greater celebration of Argentina's demise today than for the England result. Probably something to do with the way the Argies rubbed our noses in it four years ago, the 1986 Hand of God and this being the twentieth anniversary of the Falklands War. Twenty years of hurt, so they say. Nice to see them all blubbing like little girls at the end, and they've still got the Welcoming Committee at Buenos Aires airport to look forward to.

World Cup quote so far: "STITCH THAT HITLER!" - unknown voice heard as Ireland score against Germany.

Stupid things to do No.2: Submit fake reviews to Amazon for the David Hasselhof Greatest Hits CD and laugh as they publish them. What gets me is the fact that people have actually submitted REAL reviews at the same time. Very, very scary people.

Time to sign off. I feel a Dirty Bomb coming on that not even the Department of Homeland Security can do anything about.

"I could never be a woman, 'cause I'd just stay home and play with my breasts all day. -- Steve Martin, L.A. Story

Back to Scaryduck

No comments: