Thursday, August 08, 2002

"Kill me, just kill me now..."

*** Boring traditional blog entry alert ***

Last night, I played football for the first time in six years. That's something called "soccer" if you're a Septic. Those of you familiar with my blog will know that I'm not very good, and with my advancing years and even more advancing waistline, this was a calculated risk for my body. My left knee needs ten minutes notice for any strenuous exercise, and just popping out to the corner shop for sweets, jazz mags and fizzy drinks brings me out in a cold sweat.

Indeed, I even went as far as to update my will:

* I hereby leave my bank overdraft to my brother.
* My priceless collection of rare vinyl records to be turned into novelty flowerpots and sold at a car boot sale
* Play "Going Underground" by The Jam at my funeral

In the end, it turned out a minor triumph. I can still walk this morning.There were players who were actually in worse shape than me present. And we only lost 8-2. I'll be back for more next week.

*** Normal service resumed ***

I am now in league withS666atan and have my own barcode. Go on, scan me, I don't care. Book of Revelations, y'know.



Back to Scaryduck

No comments: