Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tales of Tax and Woe

Tales of Tax and Woe

In which the Duck brings about The End Of Civilisation As We Know It by writing a blog post about his Income Tax arrangements

For reasons of taxation far too complicated even for my immense intellect, I find myself in need of becoming a limited company. I am, sadly, absolutely rubbish at money, and if it were not for Mrs Duck and her knowledge of the dark arts of accountancy, trial balances and (fnarr) double entry I would probably be living in a cardboard box under the railway arches by now.

So! I now have an appointment with a very nice man, and together we are going to fill in some forms and get me registered at Companies House as a bona fide - and corporate tax paying - purveyor of media services, which, frankly, scares the shit out of me. The whole process will almost certainly save me a visit to one for Her Majesty's finest prisons, where I would certainly learn the true meaning of double entry in a number of prolonged, violent lessons.

What I really need is a fantastic, completely non-offensive and legal name for my enterprise, and, let's be honest, S. Duck Productions Limited or Scaryduck Media Limited do not really fill me with a great sense of joy. I was toying with Flat Dog Limited, but some bastard beat me to it, and now I am thrashing around trying to find something a) puntastic and b) acceptable to the fragrant Mrs Duck who will be doing the tax returns.

Go on, then: suggest-me-up. There's a scary-looking Companies House searchable database here, if it helps.

Small prize for the winning idea!

No comments: