Wednesday, September 03, 2008

On outstaying your welcome

On outstaying your welcome

Pic: nataliedee.comDesperate times need desperate measures, and stranded in a strange town, you've got to get straight to the point.

"Welcome to Burger King", said the pimply-faced youth in the deeply unfashionable uniform, "How can I help you?"

"Yeah. Could you direct me to the nearest McDonalds?"

"Mr Stevens! Help!"

I am approached by a pimply-faced older man in a deeply unfashionable uniform. He has two words for me, and far too much punctuation: "GET. OUT."

Ten Minutes Later...

"Welcome to McDonalds", said the pimply-faced youth in the deeply unfashionable uniform, "How can I help you?"

"Yeah. Sachet of ketchup and six straws please."

"Mr Davies!"

"GET. OUT."

That night, we starved.


On things I like

Today, I am mostly liking Listopia.

Specifically, I am mostly liking this list.

That is all.

No comments: