Saturday, May 17, 2014

Future Islands - Seasons (Waiting on You) & Megan Washington at TEDx

I made a vow the other week not to buy any music product during this month. It is being sorely tempted by the Future Islands.

Like most musical discoveries, this was made in the most roundabout way: I am indebted to the charming and wonderful Ms Megan Washington for drawing me to the original after she posted a cover of the song on her own YouTube channel. Like this, if you wish to compare and contrast:

And any post on Future Islands cannot go by without drawing your attention to lead singer Samuel T Herring's enthusiastic performance style. The Letterman Show performance may go down in legend.

Finishing off: Megan Washington's TEDx talk in Sydney. At the risk of going all Upworthy on you: What happened next will blow your mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

".....attention to lead singer Samuel T Herring's enthusiastic performance style. The Letterman Show performance may go down in legend......."

Meh.
The man dances like a typical white boy - no rhythm.
Now this white boy, on the other hand, well, he gots the moves for this girl!

And no, I'm not some fat-arsed and anile sexagenarian white girl dreaming of days gone by. I'm a Burmese kitten-cute gamine by day and a vamping courtesan by night. Careening through the haphazard array of Parisian arondissements - past battered cafés and not-so-fragrant Frenchmen - I demur not in my pursuit of the ever elusive "la fée verte" of absinthe. Seeking perfectibility, I yearning for that perfect moment - that peace that comes only from oblivion.
"Paris", I rhapsodise with impeccable banality, "is magic."

But I digress.....