Thursday, September 03, 2015

Lucy again, and some kind words toward my former wife

The former Mrs Coleman and I do not see eye-to-eye on a great many things, which is why we have now been divorced for the best part of three years. Our differences were many, and largely comprised (but are not unique to) my breaking the house rules about the slow-closing toilet seat. OK, I was guilty of some Other Really Bad Things, but it was the toilet shenanigans which drove her over the edge, I should imagine.

Be that as it may, I admit that I was welling up a bit over the dignity and care my ex-wife handled the final hours of poor, dead Lucy Minogue yesterday. OK, I welled up quite a lot.

Puppy was very ill in her last few days, and was at the point - on top of her blindness, deafness and creeping dementia - that she had lost continence of both bladder and bowel. But instead of taking Lucy on her final journey with matted and stinking fur, Vanessa bathed and groomed her and let her go to sleep neither smelling nor looking like a furry ball of turds. That's a gesture basic human kindness that is sadly missing in this world today, and I respect that.

And later, the former Mrs Coleman sends me this picture of the front of her local Weymouth butcher-stroke-publicity-hunter's shop:

"Home of the Juicy Lucy Burger", for all love
Man, that didn't take long. Lucy would be up there laughing her little face off.

No comments: