Friday, December 07, 2012

The Wikipedia Bible Project

As a deity-curious atheist, my curiosity was pricked by a copy of the Wikipedia Bible found at the back of a charity shop. Naturally, I picked the thing up and strated to have a flick through. And pretty much as you'd expect, right from the start

1. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth [citation needed]

2. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. [citation needed]

3. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. [citation needed]

...and much the same for several hundred closesly-typed pages, except - worryingly - for much of the Book of Revelation.

So, I did what any good Wiki reader would do, and went back to the very top where I found the health warning:

This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Much uncited material. Confusing. Self-published sources. Difficult to find good sources.. Please help improve this article if you can.

Don't get me started on the Wiki Koran I found. Really. I don't want to die.

No comments: