Monday, April 29, 2013

ROAD SIGN OVERKILL

They've closed off one end of our road for a month to install a new gas main.

Come with me, dear reader, on a walk down our street to see how many times drivers need to be warned that our residential street is now a 'no through road' before they come roaring back, knuckles white against the steering wheel, bellowing "WHY WASN'T I TOLD?!"
















Answer: Loads. And as I write this, there's a supermarket delivery lorry pulling a complicated u-turn outside our house, the driver's knuckles white against the steering wheel, bellowing "WHY WASN'T I TOLD?!"



And here's your reward: A neighbour's hedge that looks like a rabbit.

7 comments:

Cenred said...

Is your road closed, then? No-one said.

Richard said...

If you told us exactly where the closed road is it wouldn't be so much of a surprise

Gonzoland said...

Richard: It's his road so, it's Scaryduck Road.

Unknown said...

Your neighbour's hedge also looks delightfully like a flashed V. Appropriately so...

Anonymous_Daniel said...

I worked road construction for 9 years, during which time I did more traffic control than I care to count. Orange signs, big ones and dudes wearing orange vests standing in the middle of the road could not tell people, this is not where you should go. I had one guy cut me off while I was setting cones and ask "What are you people doing here?"

Anonymous said...

The Camberley News & Mail are all over this story (page 6 of the dead tree). Sadly no sign of an angry faced photograph.

Anonymous John said...

They probably believed their SatNavs.