Thursday, July 04, 2013

Biscuit scandal

It is a cold day in Hell that I criticise my employers, but I could barely control my outrage after buying a packet of three biscuits in the canteen to go with a nice cup of tea.

The reason for my fury: 35p. Thirty-five new pence.  

THIRTY! FIVE! PENCE!
 
Putting some feelers out on the old social media, I find that - perhaps - my fury is exaggerrated with reports of two for 50p, and some poor sap being charged a pound for the Jaffa Cakes. Good Lord, you could buy a whole packet for that, and still have change enough to fling at a hapless mendicant on the way home.

I believe that I have discovered the tip of a very large iceberg. While 35p for three biscuits probably isn't terrible in the grand scheme of things, there are clearly financial officers at other office-based workplaces who are holidaying on the proceeds of their biscuit price-gouging scam.

There should be a riot over this. 

Or at the very least and extended tea break. Take THAT, The Man!

5 comments:

ukcameraman said...

There's your problem Alastair, Rich Shorties..! You'll be on millionaire shortbread next, or rich tea.

Gonzoland said...

I bought a 400 gram pack of coconut flavoured biscuits for 45 pence - Which was Nice.
..... I'll get my coat

Anonymous said...

35p but that's 7 Shillings in real money

Anonymous said...

Thats just taking the biscuit now !

Uncle Audrey said...

Crumbs.

I always use the Mars Bar test. Which involves comparison to the price of an apple or a banana. Under no circumstance should the price of the "healthy" alternative snack exceed the price of a snack pack of biscuits, crisps, Mars Bar etc.