Saturday, July 18, 2015

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

So, one thing led to another, and author and all-round best person on the planet JK Rowling spelled "licence" incorrectly on Twitter.

My own spelling is awful, but if there's one word that's been hammered into me through working 26 years at the BBC, it's 'licence', and I felt duty bound to correct Her Harry Potterness.

And, as if by magic...

Looks like I'm the one with the 'spells', eh readers?

Yes. Yes I am.

Current status: Human, smug, not smited by wizards.

6 comments:

Marjorie said...

She may smite you later, when you have been lulled into a false sense of security...

Dioclese said...

I can spell perfectly - but the bloody speel chucker autocorrects to American English (think I've licked that one now) but I can't stop it changing words I've actually written to words it predicts I want to right (see what I mean?) write!

Kaptain Kobold said...

Have you ever been retweeted by Neil Gaiman?

Robin of Locksley said...

They 'favourited' your tweet? WTF?
That makes the licence / license thing pale into insignificance!

Unknown said...

That's pretty impressive, but I've had much more important people - President Obama, Vladimir Putin, Pope Francis, Mohandas Gandhi - all ignore my tweets. (I suppose Gandhi may not count given that he's dead.)

TRT said...

WIngardium Leviosa.

Did you mean Winged Levies?