Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Coldplay Confessional

So I went into a charity shop and ended up buying a Coldplay CD. Parachutes, if you're interested.

Yes, I know, I know, I'll be punished for my crimes, but hear me out.

I was just pottering about after having a haircut, and decided to give the books and CDs a quick peruse. I hadn't been there a minute before Angry Doctors' Receptionist Woman walked in, looking angry.

Angry Doctors' Receptionist Woman is a one-woman reign of terror, guarding the portal to Dr Spaceman's consulting room with the kind of fury that makes grown men weep.

I tried to flee, but felt I should at least make some sort of purchase lest I appear rude, and grabbed two likely CDs. The Verve's Urban Hymns, and - God help me - Parachutes.

I think of it less of an ill-advised purchase, more of a charitable donation.

So why did I listen to it then?

Trouble: The theme tune to a million heartbreaking TV adverts for charities that are shown during Countdown. Now it's a drinks mat.

3 comments:

TRT said...

I heard you out. It's still no excuse.

Anonymous said...

Surely there must have been an alternative? There's always something along the lines of 'The Accrington Colliery Brass Band play the Hits of The Sex Pistols. Vol 27' in any given charity shop. Infinitely preferrable to Coldplay.

50 Shades of Dull said...

Carry a copy of Ben Goldacre's 'Big Pharma' with you at all times and hold it in front of any medical auxiliaries you encounter. Works in the same way that a crucifix works on vampires.
btw: Peruse means to study in great detail.