Today in the United States of America:
* 1178 people will die of tobacco-related diseases
* 303 will die of alcohol related diseases
* 83 people will kill themselves (several of boredom after reading this)
* 112 will die in road accidents
* 76 will die through the constitutional right to bear arms
* 0 will die through marijuana use.
Despite this apparant massacre, the population of the United States is increasing at the rate of approximately 4,000 per day. Compare this to the UK, where the increase is currently 160 per day, and Germany, where the death rate actually exceeds those being born. At this rate, there will be no Germans left on the planet by the year 3000.
All this pales into insignificance when you look at India, where the population will rise by 44,000 today, a fifth of the world estimated daily population increase of 200,000. I suggest you keep your legs crossed from now on, you'll be doing the world a favour.
Now, where are all these extra people going to live? I'd like to suggest Eastbourne, city of the living dead. Anything to liven the place up a bit.