Saturday, December 22, 2007

On living by the sea

On living by the sea

You know, if there's one thing I really love about living by the sea, it's the superb views we have from our house. In fact, I went through years of hell adding an extra storey to our home to make those views even better.

Every morning, I can through the curtains open to wonderful views of Portland Harbour and the Jurassic Coast all the way to Lulworth Cove.

Now, I know what you're say: There's bound to be some sort of downer on the whole experience, and I won't lie to you - there most certainly is. Put it down to the fact that the old naval base played host to any number of nuclear submarines in the 1950s and 60s - but on any given morning you might awake to this kind of scene:

Cute ickle dread creatures from the deep
Yup. Dread creatures from the deep attacking the Isle of Portland. Let 'em get on with it, I say. Just as long as they pull in the tourists and don't hit property prices.

No comments: