Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On gullibility

On gullibility

100% genuine and 100% tasteful Tit And Nick party slideA junior school lesson, in which we were taught about the tragic sinking of the Titanic in 1912.

Later that morning, my rather-sharper-than-I pal Graham caught up with me in the playground and said: "Of course, Mrs Poulter's wrong. It's pronounced Tit-An-Nick."

"Really?"

"Absolutely. Tit And Nick."

Graham knew EVERYTHING, and had no reason to lie. He went to Sunday School an' everything, and telling an untruth would make Baby Jesus cry.

"So," says my mum at tea-time that evening, "What did you do at school today?"

"We had history"

"Oh yes."

"Mrs Poulter taught us about the Tit And Nick"

"The what?"

"Tit And Nick. The ship that hit an iceberg and sunk."

"MWA HA HA HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!"

She told my dad.

"MWA HA HA HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Tit and Nick! MWA HA HA HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!"

Sometimes, I could really hate Graham.

Plz: Your tales of gullibility.

No comments: