I did one of those "Name your top five movies" lists on that there Facebook recently. The work of two minutes, it was – in the words of TV's favourite meerkat – "Simples".
The problem was that there are FAR TOO MANY movies to create a sensible top five list, a state of affairs that Hollywood should address forthwith.
This can easily be achieved by taking a couple of movies, splice them together, and turn them into a new film that is at least 200% better, and top five lists far easier to compile.
It also opens up whole new vistas in DVD marketing, George Lucas take note.
- Electric Dreams + Blues Brothers = Electric Blue
- Blown Away + Michael Caine = The Italian Blow Job
- Roger Moore + Sean Connery = The Spy Who Fingered My Pussy Galore
- Rio Bravo + Ghostbusters = Bra-busters
- Star Wars I + Fanny by Gaslight + Gone With The Wind = The Phantom Fanny Fart
- Confessions of a Shopaholic + Stephen King's It = ShIt
- Ben Hur + Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee + Hamburger Hill + Showgirls = The Ben Knee Hill Show
- Danny de Vito + The Crying Game = Throw Momma From The Tranny
- A Bug's Life + The Wrong Trousers = Ants In My Pants
- Deep Impact + Rear Window + The Rough Riders = Pain In The Arse
- Oceans 11 + Oceans 12 + Oceans 13 + Dead Man's Chest = 36-DD
- Nick Hornby + Lady and the Tramp = About a Ladyboy
- James Bond + Curse Of The Were-Rabbit = Quantum of Wallace
- (20, 000 Leagues Under The Sea / 8 Mile) – 2001: A Space Odyssey + Anne of One Hundred Days + It Happened One Night x Fantastic 4 – Nineteen Eighty-Four – 102 Dalmations – (Se7en x Star Trek II) = 300
Here's a few from my Twittering hordes:
- From Nosemonkey: Huphrey Bogart + Hugh Grant + Lauren Bacall + Julia Roberts = To Have And To Have Notting Hill
- From infoholicuk: Pulp Fiction + Daniel Craig = Casino Royale with Cheese
Get in there!