On fighting foo, and other lies
"The Foo Fighters," says my excellent niece Charlotte, "Not a penny earned by the Foo Fighters has gone toward fighting foo."
And she's right. They may make one or two nice tunes, but as far as their foo fighting promise goes, they have let us all down badly.
Face facts: The Foos aren't the only band to do this. They've all lied to as at one time or another, and I'm amazed that people still believe a single word our so-called music idols say any more.
- Radiohead: Not one bizarre human/radio hybrid, the result of a cruel medical experiment, in the band.
- The Cars: Each and every one of these middle-of-the-road 80s rockers is NOT A CAR. See also A Flock of Seagulls
- Orchestral Maneouvres in the Dark: Paid good money to see these charlatans, and not an orchestra to be seen. And I should know - because THEY LEFT THE LIGHTS ON
- The Weather Girls: Actually presented financial news on a local TV channel. GET A GRIP
The Cure: I had high hopes for these guys, and hoped they could do something about a nasty rash on my leg. But, after repeated listens, the rash is still there, and the only cure that Fat Bob Smith knows is for allergies to tasty, tasty pies and cake. I shall write to the BMA and get these quacks struck off immediately
- Big Country: Not Big, Not Cu...s
So, the next time your favourite band makes promises they cannot keep, don't say you weren't warned.