Thursday, August 08, 2013

Announcing OPERATION DOOMED TO FAILURE

I'm well aware of the fact that there's nothing more disheartening in this world than a friend's charity fund-raising efforts, so I'll keep this short.

In another effort to grow up, I'm going a whole month without swearing - particularly on Twitter where I'm particularly potty-mouthed. There'll be a swear jar, with proceeds to WaterAid, and a complex set of rules that encourages non-swearing alternatives.

It shall be called OPERATION DOOMED TO FAILURE.

Your participation is simple: If I resort to "Prannett", a word used by bearded members of the Pub Bore Party, you are obliged to give me a proper kick in the fork and remind me of the swear jar.

To encourage me, you may also wish to empty your wallets into my Just Giving page, but no pressure, right?

I shall close with this simple, effective, swear-free message:

JUST SEND ME YOUR MONEY, YOU NO-GOOD BUNCH OF AUNT-TOUCHING RABBIT-NUDGERS

Donate to WaterAid HERE

No comments: