Wednesday, August 03, 2011

All quiet on the LinkedIn front

Since my last rant on LinkedIn, the social network for gits, rescue appears to have come in the shape of TV's Dave Gorman.

The man himself found himself in a similar boat, despite NOT EVEN HAVING A LINKEDIN ACCOUNT.

Essentially, pop-pickers, if you get LinkedIn emails, even if you don't have an account, or have deleted your account, there is a cunningly hidden email opt-out form.

And it is here - LinkedIn: Please tell us to fuck off, whereby you get to send them a nice email asking to go an a Do Not Contact list

Subject: Add My Email To Do Not Contact List

Dear LinkedIn,

Congratulations on being the web's top business-based social networking website.

Sadly, as I am not a git, I have no wish to be a member. Please stop sending me emails.

Just stop it.

PLEASE.

I don't want them, because I am not a git.

Be lucky.

Your pal,

Albert O'Balsam
And I sent them a nice picture, because the mail form allows attachments.

That ought to do it.

Update: Not counting chickens, but that appears to have done it. Thanks, TV's Dave Gorman!

No comments: