Tuesday, May 05, 2009

On my new favourite singer/songwriter/chanteuse

On my new favourite singer/songwriter/chanteuse

Yeah, Megan Washington.

An up-and-coming chanteuse living in that there Australia of whom I knew diddly until about a month ago until I chanced across a Twitter post by (I think) the highly esteemed Father Ted writer Graham Linehan praising the Keith Loutit Bathtub IV video, which I subsequently posted here.

Eschewing my usual approach to people of a certain celebrity (pick-axe handle, tin bath, sack of quicklime), I approached the charming Ms Washington via MySpace and learned of her plans for a mini-album next month.

Obsessed, me?

More for my benefit rather than anybody else (My blog, nyer), I've collected all the videos of My New Favourite Singer/Songwriter/Chanteuse in one place.

Joyless Kings of Leon obsessives may wish to express their outrage at the King of the Rodeo cover elsewhere, because it is full of WIN.

The Bamboos & Megan Washington – King of the Rodeo


Clementine: Official video

Ishmael: Live, may include traces of piano

Lightwell: In a darkened room

80 Miles: In the middle of a darkened Sydney

Underground:

Washington: Underground from shoottheplayer.com on Vimeo

Quite finished? Yes, finished.


On unexpected anniversaries

My mother died, aged 61, in May 2000. Today would have been her 70th birthday.

Happy birthday, Mum.

Not crying. Just got something in my eye. Both eyes.

No comments: