Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Jesus - Your Disciples Are RUBBISH



As a deity-curious atheist, I've done my fair part of Bible study. In fact, there was a time in my youth (probably because the parents wanted us out of the house for a couple of hours) that I went to Sunday School every week for a bit of churching up.

But now I'm older and more cynical, I've got one or two issues with the so-called Good Book.

Never mind all the contradictions and instructions on genocide, my big problem is with all-round nice guy Jesus and his pals.

And it's this:

One thing that's always bugged me about the Feeding Of The Five Thousand. All of Jesus' mates were fishermen, so how come they only had two fish between them?

Rubbish. Utter RUBBISH.

I also direct the jury toward Our Lord and Saviour's job title of "Shepherd".  You would have thought the sheep would have got a bit of a mention, wouldn't you?

Poor show all round.

2 comments:

TRT said...

He only SAID he had two fish. I mean, if you knew a bloke who said he could make an elephant vanish and then found out he had a bunch of mates comprising of (1) a man with a lorry/crane (2) several butchers (3) a pie shop owner, you'd be very suspicious.

Gonzoland said...

The Parable of the Bags of Gold gets me.
"Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers"
“So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags."
— Matthew 25:27–28 NIV

Shame that they didn't have derivatives and sub-prime mortgages in Judea.