All these new developments are "exciting" or "outstanding" or "exclusive", and never "barely adequate", "shoddily built" or "Bloody hell, you want a garden with that?" as that would probably not sell many units.
And all these estates are called something twee, like "Primrose Dell", "Waiwright's Copse", or "River View Park", presumably to mark the demise of an area now covered in concrete.
What the world really needs, instead of twee version of a world gone by, is honestly named housing estates, which tell potential punters exactly what they're going to get.
- Your Neighbours Will All Be BMW Tossers Park
- Built on An Old Indian Burial Ground Street
- A depressing development of identikit houses which you can barely afford
- Didn't lay the sewage pipes properly Avenue
- Only one road out of this estate, you just try driving anywhere during the school run Copse
- Rabbit Hutch Starter Homes With a View over the Motorway
That way, I'll know where not to move
(Also, I've just noticed how angry the houses in the picture look)