Tuesday, October 11, 2011

On posh superheroes

On posh superheroes

Spider-Man, I am convinced, is the poshest of all superheroes.

The evidence is clear for all to see: He's the only one with a double-barrelled surname.

"Ah-ha!" I hear you say, "What about Superman? Surely he is posh as well, with his double-barelled name?"

"And that being?" I ask, finding myself suddenly cornered like a hamster in an arse.

"Kal-El, son of Jor-El."

"Yes, that's as maybe, but you are missing two factors."

"And what might that be?" you ask, the doubt hanging heavy on your voice like funbags on a Katie Price.

"Number one: Superman* is an illegal immigrant. And two: He is dead."

"You sick bastard."

"I thank you."

EDIT: I have already been asked: "Batman? Surely he's posh," by several people. With a name like that, he is clearly from the servant classes

*Also, he has a posher, yet less successful brother: Superbman

No comments: